View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Interviews with Taylor (about Hanson) he talks about TW
Zipkip
http://andmixwell...nto-making

But it’s been good. And then you went off and did Tinted Windows, and that was so much fun to see.
Oh, thanks! Yeah, that’s a whole different thing. And musically, it was such a different headspace. There’s a lot of records that that is inspired by that I’m a huge fan of, but with Hanson we’ve always drawn most of our influence from things that had that R&B pop kind of swing. But making this [Tinted Windows] record was about writing pop songs, but they are totally straight ahead. There’s not a keyboard on the record, just loud guitars and really in your face… And it’s really fun to combine the different characters in the band. Bun E., of course, who really is iconic as a drummer. Then James, who has such an amazing, distinct guitar style and is a great writer as well. Then Adam, with his skill as a producer and a writer. And for me, getting to be a part of that collective of musicians was so awesome. It’s so cool to turn around and go, “That’s Bun E. Carlos playing drums!” Not that Zac isn’t an awesome drummer, but that guy played ‘I Want You To Want Me’!

I’d be nerding out pretty hard too. Is there anything more happening with that?
It’s kind of an open-ended story. For everybody it’s a side project: James is doing A Perfect Circle stuff, and he’s been working on a solo record for a long time; Adam has Fountains of Wayne, and continues to write and produce stuff; Bun E. actually hasn’t been on the road so much. He has another band that he’s playing with, but he hasn’t been on the road with Cheap Trick. And, of course, I’m talking to you about what I’m doing.
So it’ll fit in there somewhere. The first record took about three years to get made, just because it was slipping in between other things.
i54.tinypic.com/wirfcg.jpg

SXSW 2009 Interview: What can people expect when you play these shows this weekend?
James: "Escapeism"

Zipkip
06 Sep 12 at 6 pm

Have you ever wanted to break away from the band and do any solo work?

I’ve never really thought of it as a number one goal…You do so many things that are interesting and creative and I can imagine doing things on my own but I guess it’s never been something that I want to put the band aside to do. Like for example, I was in a side project called Tinted Windows, which was a power pop band. It was much more straight ahead, not particularly influenced by soul music or anything of that nature; it’s a lot of guitars and melodies. That’s a great thing to do, but it’s also cool to have it as a part of the things we’ve pursued in our career.

http://betweenfac...0986765633

SXSW 2009 Interview: What can people expect when you play these shows this weekend?

taysbear
Zipkip wrote:

06 Sep 12 at 6 pm

I’ve never really thought of it as a number one goal…You do so many things that are interesting and creative and I can imagine doing things on my own but I guess it’s never been something that I want to put the band aside to do. Like for example, I was in a side project called Tinted Windows, which was a power pop band. It was much more straight ahead, not particularly influenced by soul music or anything of that nature; it’s a lot of guitars and melodies. That’s a great thing to do, but it’s also cool to have it as a part of the things we’ve pursued in our career.

so someone FINALLY GOT THE COUrage to ask my number one question to Taylor of all time . ive always wanted to ask Taylor this ( the solo question ) if I I was Hanson reporter and talking to him by myself - but all his events I've been to , Zac and Ike are right there and I dont want to insult them .
i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/carrie_082/taylorcarriefallmoe.jpgTaylor and I are finally legal & turning 23 this year : Tulsa moe 14 ! With never let go solo#3

http://carieann82.livejournal.com/
taysbear
thanks for sharing and We can continue to debate if you want . I'm obviously for the solo thing yes .
i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/carrie_082/taylorcarriefallmoe.jpgTaylor and I are finally legal & turning 23 this year : Tulsa moe 14 ! With never let go solo#3

taysbear
Zipkip wrote:

06 Sep 12 at 6 pm

hes got now 13 songs hes singing on himself - Be my own and Never let go being my all time favorite .

Zipkip
http://www.faster...lor_Hanson

by David Swan

Tue 8th Apr, 2014 in Features

Taylor Hanson In The Firing Line: "I've always respected my hair's natural juices"

Q: Would you have broken up at any point if you weren’t brothers?

Taylor: Well, being a band is hard. Period. Because you trust each other, and you’re business partners. You’re invested in all these things together. And I think the thing that’s kept us together – not to sound like a broken record – is the performing, and making records. Because the things that happen around you, people that say “Oh yeah, you guys aren’t going to last”, or the people that try and box you in and say “You’re this, or you’re that”, those things can cause incredible friction in any band. Our mutual respect for each other – it doesn’t mean you like each other all the time – has kept us from giving up when things have been difficult. And also, we’ve always just had a real respect for the fans that have followed us. And we’ve felt like during times when we’ve been frustrated or really considering a different path, or wanting to take a break, or change gears, we’ve looked at our fans and the people that have followed us for a long time and thought “You know, we don’t want to give up on this – we don’t want to walk away from it, because we’ve put so much of our life into this band.”

I will say one slice of wisdom over time is proactively reaching out and collaborating with people helps you get perspective. For years we’ve done retreats where we get a lot of songwriters together and we make music purely for the sake of it. And that helps keep you inspired. And also I have a side project called Tinted Windows which is just pop songs with guitars, it’s power pop. It’s me and James Iha [Smashing Pumpkins], and Bun E Carlos from Cheap Trick, and Adam Schlesinger from Fountains of Wayne, he’s a writer/producer. And so doing those things keeps your album and your core band fresh, because you come back to it and you go “Yeah, this is good – I still enjoy this.”

Zipkip
Taylor answers question about Tinted Windows during live stream for Hanson fanclub members on June 27th, 2014.

Taylor: "There is not a release date, but we are writing. In fact I was just emailing back and forth with James Iha and Adam Schlesinger about writing songs. The thing about Tinted Windows is, it kind of sits out here almost unattacked, it doesn't have to be released at a certain time. And we have always kind of enjoyed that, when there is a record done, there will be a record and it will come out. We are, what we are doing right now we are doing writing and working with a lot of different people so there it's actually a good time to be working on that music. Hopefully there will be another Tinted Windows...... music."

i57.tinypic.com/b6y54n.jpg

taysbear
Loved the tinted windows questions. Hopefully they can make good on Taylor's prediction / promise .

Zipkip
3 News

A conversation with Hanson

By David Farrier

Reporter

Monday 18 Aug 2014 6:46p.m.

i62.tinypic.com/2eodtdw.png

David: That project with James Iha and those guys is that still alive?

Taylor: It is yeah... I have a side band it's kind of a Power Pop band..

David: I really dug that. I lost track of where you guys are at.

Taylor: It's really cool, yeah. I have a side project it's called Tinted Windows and it's Power Pop. Power pop is basically like non groovy guitar driven pop songs, so it's a band but it is all guitar and you know. It's James Iha, Bun E. Carlos from Cheap Trick is the drummer, Adam Schlesinger from Fountains of Wayne, songwriter/producer who plays bass and guitar. So yeah that's still going. That's one of those things that is a side project kind of for everybody. James plays with A Perfect Circle a lot and Adam has his band with Fountains of Wayne as well as other things.

David: Is it like a holiday for you at times? A musical holiday.

Taylor: It is a creative thing and it was cool, you know when we made the Tinted Windows album it really gave me perspective on what Hanson is and the fact that our soul music and kind of blues and melody is very much a part of the way we write songs and, you know, the harmonies and the scales that we use. When you go and do Tinted Windows that is like so straight ahead. There is like no like swagger. It's all just, you know it's all guitar. So yeah that's cool. And for the fans of our band, with Hanson I mean, I think that it is kind of cool because it lets people see your different influences and things that are floating around, different relationships.

You can watch the video here (@ 11:25):

http://www.3news....fault.aspx

Zipkip
Interview: TAYLOR HANSON on the importance of fans, innovation & staying true.
http://www.coupde...aying-true
by Shahlin Graves

10/09/14 10:10

CDM: I absolutely love the Tinted Windows album. 'Dead Serious' is such a jam. Is there going to be another record?
TAYLOR: Actually, there is going to be more Tinted Windows stuff. We're working on some writing actually probably next month.

CDM: And then you'll have to come here and play a show! Now, that we've had a Hanson show...
TAYLOR: The other guys in Tinted Windows would love to come to New Zealand. It's a really fun project; it's an honour to get to play with those guys. There is some process going on now to make a new album.

Jump to Forum: